It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Crease when I smile after Nose Job?!?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
    MagsLove
    (female)

MagsLove HB User
    Crease when I smile after Nose Job?!?

I recently had a Closed Rhinoplasty. I am only 2 weeks out of surgery, and I know that I still have a lot of swelling to go down and such, but I am very concerned. My columella (the piece between my 2 nostrils) is very hard, and when I attempt to smile it is sore. It also gives me the strangest crease underneath my nose when I smile. It looks so unnatural. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this, and if so, how long (if ever) did it take to return to normal? I am getting married in 5 months and I am freaking out that I will not look like myself in my wedding pictures...

HELP!!!

(my nose looks awesome - I love it - just now concerned with the smile...)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
    ria4516
    (female)

ria4516 HB User
    Re: Crease when I smile after Nose Job?!?

I had a combined septoplasty/rhinoplasty back in August and had some concerns shortly afterwards as well. Although I didn't have your exact problem, I noticed problems with my nose at first too. At first, there was something visibly wrong. It's hard to explain, but it looked like it was growing back incorrectly. But that has since changed. My doc told me that it takes months for your nose to get to the size and shape that it will end up being. I still feel like at certain angles you can tell, but it may just be my imagination. I say give it a bit more time, but if you get too concerned than just give your doc a call. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to ria4516 For This Useful Post:
    MagsLove (05-04-2011)
    Closed Thread