It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

Tattoo removal.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
blokecalledkev
Senior Veteran
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Tattoo removal.

Hi,

So here I am fifty years old (young) and still carrying the reminders of my misspent youth. Old, faded and to be honest pretty unsightly tattoos still remain of my forearms as permanent reminder of days gone by. So it is time, time to look at the options to remove them.

I have seen these options and have sort of concluded that the only viable one is laser treatment. From accounts this can take time, cost quite a bit and can be quite painful.

So I was wondering if anybody had any tips. As anybody done this, been through it, had good or even bad experiences of this sort of treatment? What should I look for when I go for the consolation, what questions should I ask? After all I am going to pay somebody to fire a laser into my arm(s).

If anybody as done this or even knows somebody that as had it done, as any sort of tips or advice I would be grateful.

Thanks, Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 09-01-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
blokecalledkev
Senior Veteran
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Tattoo removal.

Hi,

I have updated this thread for anybody that, like me, as tattoos that they are not happy with and are looking for ways to remove them. So, ok I have been for my first laser treatment and obviously like anybody else who has never had this form of treatment there was a deal of anxiety beforehand.

Based on my own experiences and this is not to say everybody will experience the same I can say a few things about it. Firstly and I guess most importantly, it is not a painful as I was led to believe. Yes there is pain involved but I found it more than bearable. The pain that comes with this treatment is momentary and the only way to equate it to something else would be like having a rubber band flicked against your skin. It is certainly no more painful than actually having the tattoo in the first place. The treatment is actually very quick, I have two tattoos done, quite large ones and the entire session took between 15 to 20 minutes, so not long at all.

After the session both arms felt sore, like a sunburn type of sore but again it is not unbearable and quite manageable. What I was left with immediately afterwards was both area covered in small white dots. These clear away after a hour or so and the disruption to the ink under the skin can be seen.

It was said beforehand and is true that no two tattoos, or colours will react the same way and this is true. On one arm I have a tattoo that is prominently black and the effects of the treatment are quite noticeable on this. The black ink does seem to be more open to this form of treatment and the swelling and blistering is not present here. On the other arm are many colours, green, red, yellow, the reaction does seem to have been more sever and violent. There are small and I stress the word small blisters appeared on the areas of green and red and less so on the area of yellow.

If you are going to do it I would advise you get somebody to drive you there and back home and once home have something cool for the first night. The area does become hot and tender, I actually used a pack of frozen peas ( yes it really does help).

So all in all this treatment is quick, not really pain free and it does appear to take time for the areas to settle down afterwards. To anybody that may have tattoos and really don't like them I would say don't be put off by what you may read online, it really is not that bad and from what I am now seeing, nearly a week later, does appear to have a real effect. It will take time, many sessions and a case of simply being patient. I would also say to anybody who may actually be thinking of having a tattoo, please please think long and hard about where you have it and what you have . Years and years ago I would have scoffed at this advise but it really is true, there does become a time when you will start to regret a misplaced and badly designed tattoo. Once they are there, they really are there for life.

Take care everybody and thanks for reading.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 09-18-2012 at 04:38 AM. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Cassidy06 (11-17-2012)
Closed Thread