It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board

costochondritis and heart pings

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #1
Gabes Mimi
(female)

Gabes Mimi HB User
Thumbs down costochondritis and heart pings

I haven't been diagnosed with costo or fibro, but have been told thru multiple tests that my heart is fine. I am 61 yrs old, not over weight, do not have high blood pressure, diabetes or any other diseases that have diagnosed, my self diagnosis for costo comes from hours of researching as to what in hell is wrong with me. I started out in 2011 with just a tightness and shortness of breath, feeling like my air was stuck between diaphraghm and lungs, I had the EKG, CTScan for heart and lungs, ultra sound for heart, asthma exam, blew thru all 9 vials of stuff, I have been behind a desk for 41 yrs and I know that is a big reason for my issues, I have seen a cardiologist and he confirmed what other GP's already told me, so the last year or so, I have felt like I have a band wrapped around my chest, ribs, shoulders and feel like I got beat up by a 2X4, I also have heart palps and pings. So, costo being the weird kind of disorder that it is, I am looking for others out there that are dealing with these symptoms that seem to go from one thing to another and I have gotten an apt with a chiro that has some experience with costo, and have got a call into an osteo to find out if they know anything about this and how to treat it. I work full time, and have 2 small grandsons and another grandbaby on the way, I am too healthy to feel like I do and want to get thru this. I don't have anxiety and the first time I went to the ER, that doctor tried to give me Zolof for that, I threw the prescription paper away. I have reconciled to the fact that if God wants me, there isn't much I can do about it. But if I am so healthy, then why do I feel so awful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #2
robbie77777
(female)

robbie77777 HB User
Re: costochondritis and heart pings

I hope someone is on this late. Years and years ago I belonged to a wonderful costs chondrites forum and was very active for a few years.

I "recovered" somewhat. Lately I have been having terrible sternum pain which I think is related to my upper right back. I just Ned to talk. I am 51 now and get scared that it may be my heart. I saw the doctor telling her none of this but checking on my heart. I just asking her if she thought my heart was ok. She said yes. My diastolic number is rising for the first time ever - it is 96. My systolic is 120. Just scared I guess. I am 60 pounds overweight but was that years ago when my sternum hurt. Anyone out there?

Old 04-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #3
robbie77777
(female)

robbie77777 HB User

Sorry - auto correct but you know what I mean

Old 04-19-2016, 07:19 AM   #4
Gabes Mimi
(female)

Gabes Mimi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie77777 View Post
I hope someone is on this late. Years and years ago I belonged to a wonderful costs chondrites forum and was very active for a few years.

I "recovered" somewhat. Lately I have been having terrible sternum pain which I think is related to my upper right back. I just Ned to talk. I am 51 now and get scared that it may be my heart. I saw the doctor telling her none of this but checking on my heart. I just asking her if she thought my heart was ok. She said yes. My diastolic number is rising for the first time ever - it is 96. My systolic is 120. Just scared I guess. I am 60 pounds overweight but was that years ago when my sternum hurt. Anyone out there?

Old 04-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #5
Gabes Mimi
(female)

Gabes Mimi HB User

Costo does effect a lot of people in the sternum area, but before you get a diagnosis, they usually do several tests to rule out anything to do with the heart. And I would tell your doctor that the discomfort is causing you concern and to insist on a couple or 3 exams, stress test maybe a good place to start. ******** also has two great Costo pages that I have found to be very supportive and encouraging. Trying to eat clean and losing some pounds may help, also there are many supplements out there that are great for cleaning out the arteries, Serrapeptase and Nattokinasase are two of them. You can find them on Amazon.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:12 AM   #6
robbie77777
(female)

robbie77777 HB User

Terrible pain. How do I get doc excuse to get out of work. Last week I was out of work three days then though I was superwoman an reached way above my head to close window and ruined all my progress. Hardly able to move. How can I get out of work for two more days to recover? Need answer quick before to motor morning without going back to ER? Any ides? I did so good with two days rest. I'll wait up for couple hours if you have suggestions pain is horrible and desperate.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-26-2016 at 05:36 AM.

Reply Reply