It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board

Diagnosed today, unsure?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #1
Balconymuppet
(female)

Balconymuppet HB User
Diagnosed today, unsure?

Hi! I am a twenty year old woman & I was diagnosed with costochondritis today. I have a job where I stand for ~6 hours at a time a few days a week. In addition, I'm also in a musical where I sing & dance. I've been helping build the set which involves lifting heavy platforms etc.

What I'm unsure of is the location of the pain. My ribs are very tender at the bottom - possibly the floating ribs or the bottom couple of attached ribs. The pain is only present when I touch my ribs and both sides hurt, although the right is definitely more tender. I don't know when this pain started - I noticed it yesterday.

Additionally, I do occasionally get a shooting pain in my sternum when I move suddenly. This has been going on for much longer - years I would say.

I also get shooting pains on and off, infrequently, through my legs. I also have a lot of tender spots on my body that when touched with a bit of pressure, will stay sore for a minute or so before fading away.

The doctor believes the rib pain to be costochondritis and gave me a shot of Kenalog in the hip. When I looked this up, it doesn't seem to have been tested much with costochondritis.

He feels this will help with what he believes to be inflammation of my ribs and also my legs. Does anyone know when I should notice a difference? And is it possible to have costochondritis in the bottom ribs? I'm feeling okay about the diagnosis but just unsure because of the added pain I'm feeling elsewhere.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply