It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board

What is going on with me?at my wit's end

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
lilmama

lilmama HB User
What is going on with me?at my wit's end

Hi all,
I am 46 female,not overweight , non smoker, active mom. Two years ago I developed bad pain in right lower ribs, my stomach was even kind of freezing up or contracting from it. Ribs were very sore to touch etc. X-ray was normal. ortho diagnosed costo. It occurred as same time as a illness had which I had gone on antibiotic for. I have sensitive stomach and the Med reaggrevated the GERD I had got rid of 6 years before ( I got GERD after third c section, took year of Prilosec to go away). After 9 months the costo subsided . Now two years later, here I am. 4 weeks ago I got sore throat one day and slightly nauseous stomach, stuffy nose. It seemed very mild. After two days I even felt it was gone then on Saturday sept 3 out of blue I got an attack I don't know how to accurately describe. I was in house doing light house work when suddenly I felt like someone grabbed my stomach and ribs in huge bear hug.
I felt tremendous squeezing and I could not breath. Try as I may I couldn't get a breath it was like entire ribs and abdomen were tightly contracted. I called 911 and was able to talk as I could get part breathes. Three min later paramedics came and I had taken a full breath. Sent me to Er did ekg, chest X-ray ,blood work all normal . I asked since I then was noticing a bit of acid feel can it be reflux. They were not sure.i was short of breath two days on and off had to yawn to get satisfying full breath. Then by day 3 most of breath issue gone but replaced with terrible acid reflux feel and very sore ribs left side, from the second rib under collar bone down, in front, close to middle section. I have now had it three weeks. Had ab u/s to rule out gall bladder, had stress test I passed with flying colors. They moved Prilosec to 49 mg and I got acid relief but no costo relief. My ribs are sore on left even to touch over my shirt, I have numb pinky and ring finger too in left, and stabbing feel in back by shoulder blade. I keep using Motrin and heating pad. It has lessened on left over the last day after 3 weeks but this morning to my horror I started having shooting stabbing pains in front ribs right side, under Breast.is it now on right, why?until three weeks ago I felt great. I am ready to cry. Can costo move around. I am at a loss . Has anyone had similar story, I feel I sound crazy with way this is progressing.thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply