It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board

Why does the course of costochondritis differ in people?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
Marta73
(female)

Marta73 HB User
Question Why does the course of costochondritis differ in people?

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here. Have had costo for over year now and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Got it after too intense workouts. Have tried everything - conventional medicine, including steroid injections - no help (but I seem to have so many sore spots on my ribs that it's probably impossible to inject all of them. Plus I live in Europe and the doctors are very reluctant to such treatments here). Alternative medicine - osteopathy, chiropractic care, physiotherapy. Plus rest, stretches, special exercises, dietary supplements, antiinflammatories, oral steroids, antidepresants...To no avail. It's ruined my life. I may not have this huge pain so many people describe ( but I've got a lot of trigger points in my ribcage and a dull sternum ache frequently), but I've had breathing issues for one year. NOT A DAY BREAK. Heavy and constricted chest and a band-like feeling around my ribs. Can't breathe. Every day. Day by day. Can't breathe.

The doctors have checked everything now, including heart, lungs and autoimmune conditions. I have nothing. I am totally healthy. And still so ill So please, tell me...Does anybody know why in some people this thing lasts a few weeks, while in others it takes a year or two...and then there're those who get it for life? Yes, we know that cartilage can take time to heal and it's easy to re-aggravate the condition. But still...why?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
costochondritis