It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board

• Could this be Costochondritis?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-16-2020, 05:59 AM   #1
    nosila
    (female)

nosila HB User
    Could this be Costochondritis?

57 year old female. Pain started three months ago and I only noticed it upon yawning. It is on the left side of my rib cage, under my armpit area. The pain has evolved over the past three months. Noticeable throughout the day....upon movement or use of the left arm. It throbs on it's own now, but not all of the time. It comes and goes. The area hurts when pressed and I can't sleep on that side. I also get a bit or a burning sensation sometimes along the outer edge of the left breast. Been taking naproxen for some relief. There is also a lump under my armpit that my doctor said feels like a lipoma or ganglion cyst.

My doctor examined me a few days ago and sent me for an x-ray and I will get the results in two days. (I also had a clear diagnostic mammogram and sonogram of the under arm lymph nodes two months ago.) I dragged my feet a bit on getting answers from my doctor due to the Covid thing and other issues that popped up. I wish I hadn't! This is starting to really worry me.

No other symptoms, really. I feel pretty normal, aside from being tired some days...probably due to the stress of all this.

Just looking for some possible answers while I wait for the x-ray results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply