It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

Discomfort just above the belly bottom for almost 1 year

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Javier T
(male)

Javier T HB User
Unhappy Discomfort just above the belly bottom for almost 1 year

Hi,

Iīm a 36 male which was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis around 3 years ago.

After the first flare up all went well for 2 years just taking mesalazine tablets but almost a year ago I had another flare up.
Initially my GP gave me prednisone but as soon as I stop taking it the symptoms came back so I started taking azathioprine (inmuran) which seemed to do the job.

My concerns is because I have discomfort just above the belly bottom for several months (almost since the last flare up) and it doesnīt go away. Itīs not painful and I donīt have crumbs but itīs more a feeling of having that part of the colon very sensitive and some discomfort in that specific point.

Some people told me that it could be because Iīm azathioprine intolerant but I stop taking that medicine a month and a week ago and the symptoms remain. Itīs true that just after stop taking the azathioprine the symptoms improved a bit but for the last 3 weeks the symptoms didnīt keep improving. Some days they get better and almost disappear, but then they come back.
Before when I used to strongly press in the area of the discomfort with my fingers I felt a little puncture although since a week ago it has changed and I just feel like my hear beating were in that area now and not puncture!!

I visit the WC just once a day and I donīt see blood there although I have a lot of gasses lately (specially in the morning and evening just before going to bed).

The fact that I have this discomfort for several months is starting to worry me a lot so I would appreciate it if someone who have gone through something similar could share the experience. As I said before Iīm not an expert on this disease so Iīm not sure if these could be normal symptoms of it or something else.

Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread