It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

Crohns Disease 29 surgerys Hydrocodine liver worry

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2015, 05:17 AM   #1
dinayinyang
(female)

dinayinyang HB User
Crohns Disease 29 surgerys Hydrocodine liver worry

Hi everyone. I am taking Hydrocodine 10 for my chronic pain. I've had 29 surgeries with very little intestines left at all. I have dump syndrome and an ileostomy. I took Tramadol for years and was so many one of my docs said one Hydrocodine would help more than Taki g alot of Tramadol. I still hesitated. I was breaking our and having alot of swelling in my face. Be a use I have no intestines to speak of left the crohns will attack my subcue and joints and oh my it's an interesting disease. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Collitis in 3rd grade. Ok.. I could go on. For now I'm trying to figure one subject out. I had to have my gallbladder out 2 years ago. The end of Tramadol ended the face explosions and yes helps the pain. I am afraid for my liver. I don't have much left in there. I don't think anything at all to help my liver process things. I also get red places on my neck, one arm in the fold and between knees. Often im weak and have fever. Some of hair fell out. I. Croped hair really close and it seems better. It was very long. I think red. Old just be heat. I'm always always hot. I keep fan on me. Meds that I'm on. Old. A use or just my temp is always high. Since it attacks me everywhere else we think my body is thinking g I have an infection not there. So. First.. is my liver ok with Hydrocodine? I take Cymbalta and sometimes when my pain is worse.. like Christmas time alot of activity I add Mobic. All works except I'm worried about liver. Lol and I stay close to a bathroom!! I'm working on my depression. I care for 85 year old mother w dementia and have a 14 and 10 year old I adopted. 55 now and it didn't start getting bad until last 5 years. We've had granny 7. Of ours I've been turned down twice for disability but need home healthcare. I'm getting g a lawyer. Shots of cortesone help but I have no veins left from tons of predispose n azulfadine growing g up. I get subclavian ivs or ports. So im sorry it's alot. I'm trying to figure out some of my fears. The calmer I am the better I can move around. I do have Klonipin as needed but have to be careful not to sleep. Mom more than kids can mess up. K I'll shut up n listen. First? Liver ok?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
justaguy300
(male)

justaguy300 HB User
Re: Crohns Disease 29 surgerys Hydrocodine liver worry

Hello dinayinyang,
I guess you meant hydrocodone. This looks like a painkiller, like codeine and morphine.
I think the risk to the liver comes from paracetamol (active ingredient of tylenol). The pill that you are going to take might have 300 mg of paracetamol. So it is not a good idea to take this pill and also tylenol because that might cause a paracetamol overdose. I think the daily max for paracetamol is 4 g.

I know that codeine is sometimes sold like that = paracetamol + codeine + caffeine
or ibuprofen + codeine + caffeine
and some of them have no caffeine at all.
The idea is to enhance the effect of the codeine, so you need a lower dose of codeine.

The problem with such drugs is dependence. Which means after a while, the effect goes down so you will need to increase dose and then the effect goes down.....

I had that experience with klonipin (clonazepam 0.5 mg). After 3 weeks, I felt that I needed more, perhaps twice the dose! I should not have taken it every day.

Stay strong!

Closed Thread