It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

New here! Looking for advice 😕

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2016, 02:14 AM   #1
Maria470484
(female)

Maria470484 HB User
New here! Looking for advice 😕

Hi there. I'm new here and looking for some possible answers. ....... a few years ago I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. At first it was bleeding and mucous that were my main symptoms. Now within last year I have developed a pain in my left side. Almost feels like a pulled muscle /stich. It travels around to my upper back and under my shoulder blade (left side). It sometimes makes my left breast almost feel tight? This pain is intermittent and can be there for few weeks and then gone for few weeks. Can't seem to find a pattern to it. I've never really had the typical UC loose stools, I've been more the opposite and doc has me on laxatives. Could this pain be associated with my UC. Everytime I go to docs regarding the pain I never really get any solid answers. Usually by the time I even get an app my pain is gone anyway! I've had a colonoscopy couple of years ago and have requested another which I'm still waiting for. I keep scaring myself looking on Google and have diagnosed myself with a variety of cancers already! 😣😣 I'm 36 year old female,married with 2 children. Any advice /help would be greatly appreciated xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2016, 03:40 AM   #2
Shannon081486
(female)

Shannon081486 HB User
Re: New here! Looking for advice 😕

Hi I to have UC but I also have Crohn's Disease. I was diagnosed with it when I was 19 and have been on every medication and nothing seemed to work so approximately two years ago I had all my large bowl removed and was given an ostamy bag I am 29 years old and I'm not going to lie to you when I say I have bad days where I'm extremely depressed and hate that I have it (morning when I first got it ) but now that I have had it for a couple years I wish I had have done it along time ago...have you talked to your GI about maybe having Crohn 's I too had pain in my left side that wrapped around my side and up my back. Next time you see your doctor ask him to send you for a scope and see what he finds. I hope they find something out for you and you can get some relief. Regards, Shannon081486

Old 02-20-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: New here! Looking for advice 😕

Hi Maria...I'm assuming your UC is limited to the rectum considering your symptoms of more constipation.

Are you on any medications? I'd strongly suggest you be on a mesalamine retention enema as well as a mid dosage of oral mesalamine.

You should have another c-scope soon.....and it's always understandable to be afraid of the possibilities.

Have you tried using any fibre supplements? I use Metamucil capsules....with meals only. I started with one with breakfast for a few days, then added another one but to supper meal. I continued that process till I got up to 6 each of the 2 meals daily.

Are you on any probiotics?

q

Closed Thread