It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

Is this proctitis or something else

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2017, 05:38 AM   #1
shellyharris197
(female)

shellyharris197 HB User
Is this proctitis or something else

Hi I'm new here and I'm after some advice . In july last year I started with a small amount of bleeding with bowel movements and mucus without stools, I had no pain , no loose stools & no weightloss . I saw 2 GP'S who did a digital rectal examination and they both said I had hemmoroids. After 8 weeks with the same symptoms I saw another dr and I I told her I was anxious about it being something else she agreed to doing blood tests and a stool sample . The blood tests came back fine but the stool sample came back showing high calprotectin levels so I was referred to a gastroenterologist. I had my initial appointment with him in October and he agreed he thought it was hemmoroids but referred me for a sigmoidoscopy with a possibility of getting the hemorroids banded . I had my sigmoidoscopy in November and was shocked to be told I had colitis/proctitis and was prescribed asacol suppositories to use whilst I waited for my biopsy results . I received my results mid December which came back normal showing no inflamation at all . I am now confused. I had no symptoms from November until New years day when I noticed a small amount of blood again and I occasionally still get a little along with occasional mucus but not as much as before .

Last edited by shellyharris197; 01-17-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply