It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

Blood in stool, a lot of mucus around stool, severe abdominal pain, extreme hair loss

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
Ajag
(female)

Ajag HB User
Blood in stool, a lot of mucus around stool, severe abdominal pain, extreme hair loss

Hello,
For about six months I have been experiencing extreme adominal pain equivalent too childbirth. My stools are extremely large in width and hard. Never diarrhea! I know this part is gross but my stool are so massive that I sometimes have to cut them up with a plastic knife just to get it to go down the toilet. I do only have a bowel movement about once a week which I am aware is not normal. I did go to the doctor for this issue and listed all of the above symptoms to him. I was prescribed movantik for opiate induced constipation. However it did not seem to make a difference after a full month on it. I then tried Miralax and saw a slight difference in the width of the stool but did not experience more frequent bowel movements. Not every time but a lot of the times there's blood and mucus surrounding the stool. Now in the last month I would say I have been experiencing way more than normal hair loss. My hair is probably a fourth of what it used to be.

I am only 30 years old. I have two children and currently do not have health insurance, which has led me to posting on this board for answers and or suggestions as to what this may be. If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I would also like suggestions on what to try to resolve the problem. Before my next check up I lost my health insurance and was unable to afford the doctor visits. I will have health insurance in the next 3 months so I am just trying to make sure that everything I'm listing does not raise a major red flag to someone reading this. That would warrant me to spend thousands of dollars to figure out what it is now rather than wait for my health insurance to kick in.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. I have been on the same dose and same type of prescription medications for the past 6 yrs. Even though I am aware that the medications I take are extremely strong and would probably freak A lot of people out, I do not believe that they are the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply