It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

16 years of untreated Proctitis due to trauma and/or bacterial infection.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
HolyPhoenix
(male)

HolyPhoenix HB User
16 years of untreated Proctitis due to trauma and/or bacterial infection.

Hello, everyone!

Funny story. And by ďfunnyĒ I mean extremely stupid and wreckless.

So, 16 years ago I developed hemmoroids from trauma I had experienced in that region. Internet hemmoroids. Doctors couldnít help me. Not surprising as I left the details of how I acquired them out. I wasnít able to use the restroom for a full week.

They messed me up good. Only could release small amounts of mucus and blood. Eventually I saw another doctor who gave me suppositories while on vacation that week, and I was finally able to use the bathroom again.

Everything was back to normal. Except that every few years Iíd have mucus in my stool.

I was never 100% honest with my doctorís as to how I came to be in this situation. Thatís the stupid part.

7 years ago, the mucus scared me and so I had a colonoscopy done. They diagnosed me with Proctitis. But... nothing was ever done for it. Or I just didnít feel like following up. Now I have to hope they still have my records from the biopsy but hospitals are only legally required to hold records for 6 years.

Then... 1-2 years after that I woke up in the middle of the night with back, side, and abdominal pain. Like SEVERE pain. Went to the ER, and turns out I was SUPER constipated.

And that was that. Nothing else happened until 2 years ago when I had blood in my stool.

So now I am awoken around 5:30am every night with bad lower back pain. Itís been like 2 months like that. Now Iím also feeling amazing abdominal pains.

I have an appointment with my doctor, and will tell them EVERYTHING.

But I Wanna know... will I be alright?

Does Proctitis turn into UC?

Can this type of inflammation be cured, either if it was trauma or STD?

I mean... if we solve this issue... we should be able to solve all subsequent issues iím feeling, right?

At this point Iím ready to just have any inflammation cut out.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. And, at the very least, I hope this serves to help others.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply