It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

• Does this sound like crohn's?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
    Peaches81
    (female)

Peaches81 HB User
    Unhappy Does this sound like crohn's?

I have IBS. Three weeks ago I began what I thought was an IBSpisode, then it continued for a second day, a third...and here we are 3 weeks later. In fact symptoms are worse and different than I've ever had. I'm 37 y/o female. I have the typical IBS symptoms of abdominal pain and cramping, and diarrhea. The different symptoms are an urgency to go, I may have a BM or nothing but mucus. Sometimes blood in stool or bloody mucus. I feel extremely tired all the time. Difficulty going in to work, or if I do go I end up leaving. The urgency is the worst. I've had two ER visits and I don't see the GI till next Tuesday. What say you? I do have a history of polyps. Sound like crohns?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #2
    Goosemoose
    (female)

Goosemoose HB User
    Re: Does this sound like crohn's?

I'm not sure, but if you find it's Crohn's (or any other IBD). My body flushed out what little good gut bacteria I had after a colonoscopy. Left me in an agony. Docs couldn't figure it out, shrugged it off. A stool test via Entero Lab diagnosed it as high intolerance of gluten (base line was 10; gluten was 90). Between the 2, I'm almost 100% and that was 5 years ago. BTW, my doc recommended eating easy to digest food - cream of wheat.
    Still angers me. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-06-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:14 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Does this sound like crohn's?

Have you tried changing your diet and staying away from gluten to see if it makes a difference? Your doctor can do a test to see if it is Crohns or not- but I would have to say based on what you wrote that it probably isn't...sounds more like bacteria issue...doctors appointment should shed some light on it. I hope you feel better soon.

Reply Reply