It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

• Crohn's/Colitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2004, 05:21 PM   #16
    denniss

denniss HB User
    Re: Crohn's/Colitis

hi cookie51,yes i do lose blood,but not that bad.my blood count is mostly low when its checked.and i see blood when i go to the bathroom,but thats from my rectum because i had crohns in my rectum,and with a flare up its very bad.but it will go away in about 2 or 3 weeks.i use a anal cream to help heal me.
    i had crohns through out my colon from my rectum up to the middle and top of it.am sure during a flare up when i get really sick i to might bleed on up in my colon.but i havent been that sick in sometime now.the enemas and colonics they work,they did for me.only thing i can say is try it to see if it will work for her.there is a certain way my doctor told me to do the enemas.wish u the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 05:47 PM   #17
    cookie51
    Veteran
    (female)

cookie51 HB User

Hi Denniss,
    My niece had alittle blood the other day now it has stopped. Also my sister has hemeriods and they too were bleeding so bad that they gave her 2 pints of blood. They gave her a cream and that seems to help, but my niece, she cant eat many things, she says it is like eating glass.She will not touch anything with mayonase in it, she gets really sick from that. She eats like a bird, so afraid of the pain, that she eats very little. I would appreciate any tips you have that I can relay to her that could help her.
    Hope You Have A Great Night
    Cookie

Old 07-29-2004, 06:25 PM   #18
    denniss

denniss HB User

there is foods i cant eat,and am sure there will be foods she cant eat without getting sick.it depends on the person on what foods you can eat and can not eat.she will have to make a list of the ones that make her sick or just remmeber them,not to eat them.
    and what well help her,like i said before i use enemas to keep my colon clean.and it works for me,or colonics i use them to.
    i would try enemas first they worked good for me.am in kentucky what state are u in ? hope i helped

Old 07-30-2004, 07:14 AM   #19
    cookie51
    Veteran
    (female)

cookie51 HB User

Hi Denniss,
    I am from Il., and my niece is starting to realize what foods make her sick, I know rice and mayo, make her sick, she stopped eating any chinese food. We have a friend who is in his 40's and he has had crohns since he was 18, he said his flares up from time to time,but he said he never had any bleeding. That makes me scared, because my niece still has bouts where she bleeds. I know they said she has 3 feet of her bowel is effected, did they ever tell you how much colon is effected? Well I guess the best thing she can do right now is watch her diet, and stay away from foods that triger it.
    Thank you for your reply
    Hope You have a great day cookie

Old 07-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #20
    denniss

denniss HB User

before i started enemas and colonics i had flare ups and my rectum would bleed all the time with a very low blood count.now that i keep my colon clean i havnt been sick at all or felt bad,i have had a couple of rectum flare ups.but the cream i use heals that.
    you never said anything about getting her to start with enemas.i started with 2 enemas a week,or a colonic and 1 enema a week.get her to try it,just make sure shes not doing any rectum bleeding.

Old 07-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #21
    cookie51
    Veteran
    (female)

cookie51 HB User

Hi Denniss,
    I told my sister today about you and she said my niece has diarria all the time, so did you? She take imodiom all the time, if not she has to run to the bathroom all the time.I am curious if you had that problem, or was it the opposite, where you not able to go? I thank you for your input, we are just now learning about crohns, so any input is great.
    Thanks again
    cookie

Old 07-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #22
    denniss

denniss HB User

hi cookie,yes i did have diarria all the time,i could even drink water and it would run through me.a lot of over the counter meds like that imodiom she wont be able to take it could cause flare ups and make her sick.thats what i was telling u about the enemas.the enemas stopped my diarria after about 2 weeks.

Closed Thread