It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

• Need Someone who knows about Crohns Disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2003, 11:21 AM   #16
    sweetbluesygirl

sweetbluesygirl HB User
    I was finally diagnosed with Crohns two years ago, after suffering for several years with no insight as to what was wrong with me. It was scary when I read all the things associated with Crohns, but at the same time, I was glad that my "problem" had a name!
    My symptoms have included: Diahrrea immediately after eating or drinking anything (even water), stress-induced diahrrea, weight loss, inability to gain weight, and eventually inability to control my bowels.
    I am on Asacol, Loperimide (generic Immodium - much less expensive than OTC Immodium), and of course Calcium & Vitamin D, and Fosamax for the thinning bones due to poor calcium absorption. I also take Lexapro and Wellbutrin to maintain low stress levels. (I was skeptical about the need for this, but I gave it a chance, and it really DOES help!) I do have sacro-iliits associated with the Crohn's & haven't found anything yet that helps the pain.
    I had a flare-up a year ago & was hospitalized for 5 days. I was given Prednisone injections, and continued oral Prednisone for 3 months afterward. The flare-up consisted of loose BM's for 24 hours straight, until passing a continuous stream of blood. Also, contraction-like pains in lower abdomen.(Morphine shot did not help the pain).
    I am still in remission, and feeling better than I ever thought possible. I never believed that I could live a normal life again, but I am! I know that at some point I will have a flare-up again, but in the meantime, I am enjoying life again & I know that when it does happen again, I'll be able to deal with it as a fact of life and not the end of the world.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread