It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

• Crohn's and tramadol + no sleep

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
    Sharon76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sharon76 HB User
    Crohn's and tramadol + no sleep

Well at the moment i am back on my pain relief, tramadol because i am still in the middle of a flare up, but i am shattered!!!

The tramadol is helping the pain but yet it is stopping me from sleeping. It is making my body tired and my eyes but yet i cant get to sleep. The second nite on the run last nite i didnt get a wink of sleep, im exhausted.

If i dont take the tramadol i cant sleep because of the pain but if i do take it the tramadol keeps me awake. So i really dont know what to do for the best.

Also im going back to work next wednesday, this is when i find out if i can cope with the crohns and working full time again. Its a bit scary!!!

Out of interest has anyone else experienced similar problems with sleeping on strong pain killers???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
    Angela22F
    Veteran
    (female)

Angela22F HB User
    Re: Crohn's and tramadol + no sleep

Just me

Although I can't answer your question, I just wanted to wish the best with returning to work.

And wanted to ask if it is possible for your doctor to prescribe a sleeping aid for you? Two days with no sleep, and lots of pain, and children to take care of... and returning to work full time... it is definitely going to be a test of your strength.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
    Angela22F
    Veteran
    (female)

Angela22F HB User
    Re: Crohn's and tramadol + no sleep

How are you feeling now? Any better?

Closed Thread