It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

• Anemia caused by Crohn's Disease Meds?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2008, 04:12 AM   #1
    schragie
    Veteran
    (female)

schragie HB User
    Anemia caused by Crohn's Disease Meds?

Hi All,

My mom was diagnosed with anemia, possibly due to a medication she takes for Crohn's called 6-MP (mercaptopurine). She's been getting B-12 and Procrit infusions but her counts are still low (8) and today she is getting a blood transfusion. Her gastro is lowering the 6MP, her bone marrow biopsy was inconclusive, and I'm really worried for her. Has anyone here with Crohn's/Colitis had medication-induced anemia? They haven't taken my mom off the drug completely since she needs it for her Crohn's.

Thanks for reading this!

Schragie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
    ChristineVA
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User
    Re: Anemia caused by Crohn's Disease Meds?

shragie,

Just from reading here for months, I haven't come across a post that might relate to your mother's situation.

Have you tried find a board on Crohn's Disease where there might be many people who use the same meds as your mother?

Closed Thread