It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

Colonoscopy - unusual result

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
pablo1122
(male)

pablo1122 HB User
Question Colonoscopy - unusual result

Had my umpteenth colonoscopy after 2 unexpected delays. Had UC for 43 yrs, since I was 16. Basically in remission (at least until Asacol wasn't available and doc put me on Balsalazide). At any rate, Gastroenterologist Findings were "Loss of vascular markings and haustra folds noted in the rectum and distal sigmoid colon". Immediately after being discharged he was upbeat and told me that he saw no cancer and no polyps (which is always good news), and over the course of 43 yrs I've had numerous polyps removed, some of which were precancerous. Of course he took numerous biopsies throughout my colon & we'll see about them later.
However, I've never heard of haustra folds and I need to find out whether loss of vascular markings is good or not so good.
Researching haustra folds on my phone, I stumbled across this site, so here I am. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia, migraines, and kidney stones and I know these conditions are often seen in the same person. Just wondering if anyone out there can identify with suffering from any of these same combinations.
Also, If anyone can shed some light on "loss of haustra folds" & loss of vascular markings I would be thankful.

Last edited by pablo1122; 07-03-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: To ask for knowledge of colonoscopy findings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
colonoscopy, fibromialgia, ulcerative colitis