It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board

New to Group ... about me

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
ShereeR
(female)

ShereeR HB User
Smile New to Group ... about me

[S

I am 53 years old female and reside in Kentucky.

On May 20 this year I went to my PCP with constant throat clearing Referred to ENT who did the scope through my nose. Dx was acid reflux (I've never had heart burn) Script for Prevacid given.

July 24 Presented to the ER with diarrhea and cramping that had been present for almost 2 weeks. Blood work CT scan, and IV saline given. Dx was UC by them. Gave me 10 days worth of medicine and told to follow up as needed with PCP.
8/6 I still had the diarrhea. Went to my PCP xrays of abdomen ordered. Stool samples taken. Appointment to GI doctor, my appointment wasn't scheduled until mid Nov. I call them and they inform me that the soonest they see new patients.
8/20 follow up with PCP and more stool tests done. All negative again. I'm thinking by now he's keeping me coming back until I see the GI doctor, maybe to keep an eye on things.
I too had another stool sample sent to the lab in September sometime.
9/14 I experienced stomach cramps and bright red bloody diarrhea. Twice within an hour and it was gone
9/16 Back to the PCP stool tests are still negative. I tell him about the blood in the toilet bowl and he called the GI doctor and got my appointment moved up. I go tomorrow 9/22.

I feel like I've been put through the ringer and am hoping for some answers from the GI doctor. I've never had a colonoscopy. I know that will be scheduled at some point and time.
I'm a bit frightened by the GI visit. What are some things I should expect at this visit? I have all of the above information written to share with her when I go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread