It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cystic Fibrosis Message Board

• borderline sweat test

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
    deb9755
    (female)

deb9755 HB User
    borderline sweat test

My daughter had a sweat test of 46 and is going to a CF center for a follow up. I'm not sure what kind of test they're doing, but they said that the first test didn't test the chloride and they're drawing blood. She's 2 1/2 and has had a croupy sounding cough pretty much since birth. She's had a constant runny nose for at least a year. Allergy medicines do no good, she's negative for asthma after testing briefly for reactive asthma. She had life threatening intussusception a few months ago. She had a sleep study positive for obstructive sleep apnea and will have her tonsils and adenoids removed next month. All xrays (every kind imaginable)supposedly came back normal. They ran some blood tests-CBC with differential and platelets, IgE and IgG, IgA and IgM. I don't know what they were looking for, but they were normal. She's had recurrent fever and pneumonia once. She's had diarrhea many times, but no more than my other two children who are very healthy. She tall and normal weight. She had what they thought was roseola a year ago and extemely bad diaper rash for two months after she went off formula. She's had speech delays and sees a speech therapist. She runs like a motor like a kid with ADHD. If any of this sounds familiar for CF I would really appreciate info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
    Evelyn02
    (female)

Evelyn02 HB User
    Re: borderline sweat test

did you ever find out what kind of sweat test they did...was it sweat conductivity? My daughter just had that and tested 57...her doctor said it's normal....I'm uncomfortable with this...was your child diagnosed with CF?

Closed Thread