It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Death & Dying Message Board

• Afraid?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
    nat_999
    (female)

nat_999 HB User
    Afraid?

I have a problem, I don't know if I should post this here or in the axiety section, but anyways, every night after around 6 o'clock I panick and can't get the thought that I might die while i sleep out of my head, i'm not afraid of death i'm afraid of losing my love (wich whom I live with and love with all my heart) I'm always afraid that i'm gonna die or he's gonna die while going to work or something and I panic and freak out I cry even sometimes. I try to sleep so that I don't haftoo think about it but it rarely happens, I'm on anti-depressants but i've been taking them for so long I don't think they're helping anymore. I was also on Skitzo pills for a bit but I'm off those now (although I think I should take them again...) what should I do? does any body know any calming tactics or something? something I could do in order to calm myself when i'm in this state of panic? anything I could tell myself?

thanks,

-Nat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: Afraid?

Sounds like your medications need to be re-evaluated.

You may have too much time on your hands, meaning, lots of time to let random thoughts take over and replay. Try to find something interesting to do with your time, something that will help others too. Doing that, there will be less time to dwell on unpleasant thoughts.

I am a firm believer in prayer, perhaps prayer will be of help to you.

Old 01-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
    inlove247
    (female)

inlove247 HB User

I would say... just take each day at a time. It'll all get better with time. And if you ever need someone to talk to.. I'm available. Also miracles can happen. Hold on tight to your faith. That usually helps in any situation.

Last edited by inlove247; 01-02-2005 at 06:14 PM.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
    Aus78

Aus78 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nat_999
    I have a problem, I don't know if I should post this here or in the axiety section, but anyways, every night after around 6 o'clock I panick and can't get the thought that I might die while i sleep out of my head, i'm not afraid of death i'm afraid of losing my love (wich whom I live with and love with all my heart) I'm always afraid that i'm gonna die or he's gonna die while going to work or something and I panic and freak out I cry even sometimes. I try to sleep so that I don't haftoo think about it but it rarely happens, I'm on anti-depressants but i've been taking them for so long I don't think they're helping anymore. I was also on Skitzo pills for a bit but I'm off those now (although I think I should take them again...) what should I do? does any body know any calming tactics or something? something I could do in order to calm myself when i'm in this state of panic? anything I could tell myself?

thanks,

-Nat
    I agree on having the meds re-evalu.. This is a anxiety prob for sure. Hey, your fine.

Closed Thread