It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board

Here's my last MRI....from 2007

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
Here's my last MRI....from 2007

Well I haven't had an MRI since 2007 but this is what the report basically said...
Extreme dryness at L3. L4-5
Narrowing disc space is seen at L5-S1
Small disc bulge is seen at L3-4
L4-5 High signal is seen in posterior annulis w/annual tears at L4-5 and L5-S1
Degenerative Disc is seen at L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1
Bulging is seen at C5-C6
Bordering narrowing of the cervical spinal canal and there appears to be developmentally short periods in the cervical spine.
Now....I know that sounds like a lot of medical jargon so insurance will pay, but jump up to present day now...I have a lot of low back pain still along with neck and shoulder pain (had a fall a year ago and threw my arms back so I wouldn't land on my back and hit my head) would the pain be a surprise that I have now since that report 11 years ago? I am now in Menopause
which I have been told can REALLY magnify current health issues like allergies and I'm assuming pain can also be magnified. I never did anything with the MRI...no physical therapy. No pain meds (don't want to take them)...nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Here's my last MRI....from 2007

Sorry but you cannot go by a MRI which is over a decade old. MRIs can change from week to week...they absolutely change from year to year. You would need a recent MRI to compare your symptoms to see if it has any relationship.

Reply Reply