It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board

• Question on Osteroarthritis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-03-2020, 06:52 AM   #1
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User
    Question on Osteroarthritis

Is it possible to have osteoarthritis just on one hip? I get these spasms or feels like something is squeezing the muscle on the right side right in front to the left of my right hip bone that comes and goes. Also on the outside of that hipbone aches from time to time. I thought at first it was IBS related but I'm wondering if its arthritis? I remember 6 years ago when I would go for walks that my right hip would click or pop...but it never hurt when it did that. Now when I try and stretch the right side, it's tender on the hip/side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Question on Osteroarthritis

First, have you been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis? It is diagnosed by bone scan...
    Second, it can hur- but not usually the way you describe. What you are describing, the popping and clicking, is usually hip flexors...those can make all sorts of noises and stretching can actually help to loosen them up.. of course, overuse, can cause it. Research stretching hip flexors or talk to a physical therapist to learn how to properly loosen that area.

This is definitely not IBS related.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

Can the hip flexors hurt just on one side? I have low back pain (some days worse than others) and have had it for the last 10 years or so. The top part of my glutes hurt on the right side as well.

Old 05-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

No have never been told I have OA. Can it feels like it pulls or spasms on just the one side? I do have pain and tenderness on the OUTside of my hip almost in the pirifirmis area but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with something that feels like a spasm or tightness where I have it but again, I don't know.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It could be any number of things, I thought I had pulled or done something to my piriformis. X ray and MRI showed 2 bulging discs and 2 dessicated ones. I'd see an ortho or a sports med doc.

Reply Reply