It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board

I need help, please ...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
fep413
(male)

fep413 HB User
I need help, please ...

I have Degenerative disc disease, L5/S1, with right side herniation, osteoarthritis in both hips and spine, a forward curved spine (kyphosis) T5-T7 which causes upper muscle aches in addition to the Lumbar-Sacral pain I had, plus hips,bi-lateral polyneuropathy in legs.

So, I have a legitimate need, going to Pain mgmt doctor since 1997 to present. However, after screwing up last year with the alcohol, I went into a 5-day detox to make peace with my wife, but stupidly was honest and had them call my Staten Island Pain doc so I can still take my 150mg Methadone pills/day while I was in there. Then all hell broke loose, and she forced me out using certain legal tactics, like a 355-ques MMPI test at "her neuropsychologist" that she works with all the time..., the PA whos been seeing me the past 7 yrs cause im stable, counting my pills each visit, urine tests, lowering my dose by 30mg/month..

I haven't seen my doctor for an appt since the injections in 2007, and only that day since...I asked the PA to see her after this stuff went down, and she said, "if you want that, it's a couple month wait cause shes backed up, and I won't be able to prescribe meds to you in the mean time!.." How unethical was that? .Of course, her comment wasn't put into the written record..(Have a lot of resentment and anger at a couple medical people involved in that conspiracy, they wrote untrue, inaccurate, half truths, and ommitted the positive things about me in my permanent medical record which I only found out about after I left her with an exit letter.)

Anyhow, I've had an impossible job getting the correct dosages from these Pennsylvania Pain docs. {I had to dispose of the 13-year medical record CD my SI doc mailed me. It would have hung me with what they wrote.}, So, I just presented pharmacy records, and letters on my behalf, explaining my conditions, but not good enough. Now I have a 2nd pain doc lying to my face about a "new medical journal" stating 60mg is the max dose of Methadone, etc. I can't confront him, he has all the power.

I'm sick of the whole thing man. I want this ball -n-chain off me! But I'm scared of what pain my conditions are gonna give me without narcotics in my system. At least it's bearable now. But still, I don't like the idea of always worrying what this doctor's gonna do or say next. He just sent me for a serum level blood test, and wants a 12-lead ECG done before I see him again in a couple weeks. I'm presently on 70 mg/day, and I've been hurting for months. I inquired with my primary doc about changing pain docs, but all the others in the area "don't believe much in opiates..Huh?.. They prefer the $1500 injections...(which I tried in 2007, and made my Sciatic nerve hurt for 2 weeks..)I was fine on the 150mg Methadone tablets a day..Even 120 would be fine..No side effects, no problems. I had to go mess it up being honest about drinking at home sometimes...

PS: Rcvd a 2nd copy of my messed up records on a CD, which I may work on getting corrected at least. I researched the right way to do it. But I still have an undermedication problem here..What do I do now?

Frank

Last edited by moderator2; 04-17-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
mysterygurl
(female)

mysterygurl HB User
Re: I need help, please........

Frank,

I am going to be honest with you I really am not sure what you should do I have chronic pain issue and it sucks but I don't know what to do I just wanted you to know you are not alone

Closed Thread