It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board

Need help please wanting to know if i need surgery...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
frields4life
(male)

frields4life HB User
Red face Need help please wanting to know if i need surgery...

Okay this is my first post and im new at this so here I go.Ive been a roofer for 17 years and I recently had a ancle fusion done non-work related...Well ive recently started moving around and my back starts hurting me...Well to make a long story short I had a MRI done and it revealed to me as follows and Im wanting some feed back to see if other people have had some silimar promble as my pain Dr. Is messing around with me and telling me its not that serious so please consider responding because I need some anwsers.MRI RESULTS AS FOLLOWS:INDICATION:BACK PAIN.TECHNIQUE: VARIOUS T1 AND T2 WEIGHTED SEQUENCES OBTAINED OF THE LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST.FINDINGS:STATURE AND ALIGNMENT OF THE LUMBAR VERTEBRAL BODIES ARE WITHIN NORMAL LIMITS . DISC SPACES ARE MAINTAINED . THE CONUS MEDULLARIS IS AT L1 AND IS NORMAL IN APPEARANCE . NO CLUMPING OF THE NERVE ROOTS IDENTIFIED. THE SURROUNDING PARASPINOUS SOFT TISSUES ARE UNREMARKABLE. MILD DISC DISICCATION IS SEEN AT L5-S1. NO ACUTE BONY ABNORMALITY OF THE LUMBAR VERTEBRAE.T12-L1, L1-L2, L2-L3: NORMAL.L3-L4: SMALL POSTERIOR DISC BULGE AND FACETTE HYPERTROPHY CREATE MILD BILATERAL NEURAL FORAMINAL STENOSIS.L4-L5: BROAD-BASED POSTERIOR DISC BULGE WITHOUT FOCAL PROTRUSION. MODERATE FACETTE HYPERTROPHY. MODERATE RIGHT AND LEFT NEURAL FORAMINAL PRELIMINARY STENOSIS WITH MILD CENTRAL CANAL STENOSIS.(PAGE 1)(PAGE 2)L5-S1: BROAD BASED POSTERIOR DISC BULGE MORE ECCENTRIC ON THE RIGHT WITHOUT FOCAL PROTRUSION. MODERATE FACETTE HYPERTROPHY. MODERATE-SEVERE RIGHT NEURAL FORAMINAL STENOSIS WITH MILD TO MODERATE CENTRAL CAN STENOSIS.CONCLUSION:1. DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE AND OSTEOARTHRITIS SEEN IN THE LOWER LUMBAR SPINE, ESPECIALLY ON THE RIGHT SIDE AT L5-S1.Can someone please shed some light on this as im having a hard time walking and am feeling pain in my groin area, im waiting to see a neurosuregon so will keep you all updated thanks in advanceFrields4life!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Frederick123
(male)

Frederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB UserFrederick123 HB User
Re: Need help please wanting to know if i need surgery...

I am shocked that nobody has responded to your plea for help. I guess this forum isn't what it used to be!
As for your problem: you need to remember that the spine works like a single organ, an injury in one part can affect the whole thing. Also keep in mind that X-ray and MRI are pretty close to worthless! I had all those tests and was told there was nothing wrong. When I talked the drs. into doing a Mylogram it showed a ruptured disk at c-7 t-1! The surgeon had a hard time doing the fusion because there were bone spurs blocking the disk. The spurs were not seen on any scans!

Old 12-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Zalmar
(male)

Zalmar HB User
Re: Need help please wanting to know if i need surgery...

I am not a medical professional. Get an opinion from a surgeon. Go see another pain doctor as well, and explain that it is only for a 2nd opinion on a treatment plan; you aren't after meds from them, yet.

You have what could be a significant problem at L5/S1, due to the moderate to severe foraminal stenosis. You are probably experiencing right leg sciatica, with some potential localized lower back pain from your facet joints.

If you're still around, and God forbid, still dealing with issues from this, you need a surgical opinion x2. Also, if your pain doc is refusing to take the issue seriously, it's time to fire his butt.

Closed Thread