It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Degenerative Diseases Message Board

Bad back on a small budget

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
kevinbohol
(male)

kevinbohol HB User
Bad back on a small budget

I have a report from the radiologist but I have no doctor and was hoping someone here could help me understand and point me in the right direction to seek help so i can research what the treatment will cost, and then save enough money to treat my condition someday.
JUN 21, 2013
Report :
examination shows disc space narrowing in l1-l2, l4-l5 and l5-s1 with vacuum phenomenon in l4-s1. Posterior displacement of l1 vertebral body relative to l2 and l2 vertebral body relative to l3 is seen. Accentuation of lumbar lordosis is noted. Dextroscoliosis of the lumbar spine. Spurs noted in the anterior and lateral margins of the lumbar spine.
Impression :
Multilevel disc degeneration l1-l2, l4-l5 and l5-s1 with vacuum phenomenon in l4- s1. Retrolisthesis l1-l2. Spondylosis deformans. Accentuated lumbar lordosis prone to instability. Dextroscoliosis of the lumbar spine

Primary Diagnostic Code : ABNORMAL , ATTN. NEEDED

I also have a nerve conduction study and a EMG results showing problems with peripheral nerve and other problems .. but i need to go step by step in understanding this is a complex problem. My damaged back is the root cause of my condition thats why I want to start there. It is difficult to live like this if anyone has suggestion on pain management I would love to hear it, as well as surgeries that would help.. thanks !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
roadiez
(male)

roadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB User
Re: Bad back on a small budget

Hey there... I do hope you do find some relief.
As far as getting some answers here I would post to the "Back Problems" section. Or even "Orthopedic"....
I have found out that there just isn't much answered here.

GMAK is great on Back Problems. So is Web Dozer on the Spinal Cord Disorders
Best of luck.

Last edited by roadiez; 09-05-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added some info

Old 09-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
kevinbohol
(male)

kevinbohol HB User
Re: Bad back on a small budget

Thanks amigo! I will check out the site you informed me of as well as repost my question here to the other section you suggested.
As of now Im still in a state of limbo where i can not afford to do anything about my back problems as they continue to get worse and worse. I don't stress too much about the crippling pain as I am quite used to it after so many years .. its the stress of more permanent peripheral nerve damage that has me more upset . Losing more sensation is unacceptable. Thanks again amigo! and good luck with your problems also!

Closed Thread