It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Very poor occlusion, tooth feels "leaky", complex history

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-25-2015, 11:29 PM   #1
    whatamess93
    (male)

whatamess93 HB User
    Very poor occlusion, tooth feels "leaky", complex history

First off a neat panorex taken December when I got my braces off, as you may see I had double jaw surgery last June for an underbite. Surgeon did a great job and being a 22 year old male I recovered quickly.

The first issue started while still in orthodontic treatment post surgery. My hygiene was fair at best during this last stage, and the first few weeks after the operation I couldn't really open enough to brush. I began noticing fluid coming from between my right front tooth and the one next to it (lateral incisor?).Had an endo consult after braces came off and he said pulp was still viable. Over the past few weeks the area on the lingual side and closest to the roots started becoming painful to touch. It feels like the mucosa is getting eroded, and I have a sensation that it's about to fall out when I talk or eat.

Second issue started when the braces came off. I'm a bad bruxer and diligently wore my retainers as I was informed I'd need them for a while. With no night guard I did a lot of damage to my teeth, and due to that and possibly an error on orthos part my bite became skewed to the point that none of my back teeth contact each other. I could have a dentist build up my back teeth but the grinding is not gonna help.

Also not a meth user, have acid reflux (under control now) and dry mouth from meds. Just putting it out there.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-26-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread