It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Teeth removal/replacement for 19 year old

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
    Palmat
    (female)

Palmat HB User
    Teeth removal/replacement for 19 year old

I have two teeth in my top set either side of my two front teeth that stick out a lot. They have been like that all my life and have caused me constant embarament and stress and recently I feel they are becoming even more noticeable! My dentist said I can get braces which will cost over 2000 but I can't afford this and I don't know why they never gave me them when I was younger and could get them on the nhs. I was wondering, although it may sound stupid, is it possible to have the two teeth removed and dentures or bridges put in their place, so they are straight instead and more inline with my two front teeth so they don't look as huge? They are really getting me down and I just want to be able to smile showing my teeth for once!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Teeth removal/replacement for 19 year old

I guess it is "possible" but I am certain that my own dentist would never, ever extract perfectly healthy teeth just for cosmetic reasons. I do understand that you feel uncomfortable and embarrassed, though...
    What I think might be wiser is to try to find an orthodontist who could put you on a payment schedule so you wouldn't have to pay all at once, but incrementally.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:54 AM   #3
    Palmat
    (female)

Palmat HB User

Thanks for your answer! Would it cost me to have them removed and do you know the rough price of false ones? The problem with Braces is I will have to wear them for such a long time and that would probably make me equally unhappy

Old 08-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #4
    TMJ82
    Veteran
    (female)

TMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB User

Removal and replacement of healthy teeth is unethical, and I am sure that no dentist in their sane mind would do that. Even if you find someone willing to do that, the cost of removal and replacement would exceed the cost of braces.
    You can get veneers, lumineers or crowns to straighten those teeth. But that also costs quite a bit, but I am in the US so not sure if NHS would cover it. However, I think your best bet would be braces. If those teeth is the only issue you have, you might be able to get a 6 months smile, this is like a cheaper and faster brace to correct minor issues. Look into this, compare prices. Perhaps your parents can help cover the cost?

Old 08-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #5
    TMJ82
    Veteran
    (female)

TMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Palmat View Post
    Thanks for your answer! Would it cost me to have them removed and do you know the rough price of false ones? The problem with Braces is I will have to wear them for such a long time and that would probably make me equally unhappy
    Trust me, removal and replacement of the two teeth will be much more expensive and painful than braces. There are lots of options for braces nowadays, as I said minor issues can be corrected within 6 months. I had braces from 28 until 30 and they aren't such a big deal, you get used to them. They won't make you unhappy, at least not more than your crooked teeth. However, minor issues can be corrected in much shorter time, you just need to find out. Also there is invisalign , that is clear aligners virtually unnoticeable on teeth. Good luck!

Old 08-25-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

You never want to remove the teeth.

Closed Thread