It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Swollen Gland, Broken tooth, Not infected?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
    cbat7375
    (male)

cbat7375 HB User
    Swollen Gland, Broken tooth, Not infected?

I had a broken root canal ed molar fracture about a year ago, Dentist told me I needed to extract the tooth, it could not be filled. I did not like this answer and never did anything from there. I knew I had a big space where food was getting into the tooth, but never had any pain or problem with it. A few months later I noticed a small lump most likely where a gland would be in the triangle shape, right under the jaw, just to the right of the top of the throat, right under the socket of the problem tooth. I had it checked at the Dr. and they told me it was "part of my throat" I did not pay it much mind. about 8 months later I noticed some redness in the gums and then figured I may have an infection, went to urgent care to get it checked out and the Dr. there told me the area was infected and take the very harsh clindymican antibiotics that cause colitis, and all kinds of bad side effects. I did not take them. He also said the the lump was "a bone". I then saw had the tooth extracted and was told there was no infection in the area but gums looked a little red. My regular Dr. felt this lump and told me it was a swollen gland. And did not seem concerned at all, I had him look at it over and over between 2 different appointments with him. He insisted it was a swollen gland. It has been 3 weeks since the tooth was extracted and the gland is the same. I have no other symptoms, they just ran blood just to have on file and it was all good, also had a chest x ray for old back problem and its was good. Has anyone had a swollen gland without infection? Could it have been mildy infected? How long before this gland goes down to normal size? any insight/past experience is appreciated..It is just the one gland under the tooth area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    broken tooth, neck mass, swollen gland