It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Am I Having a Normal Wisdom Tooth Experience???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
    janiiiieeee
    (female)

janiiiieeee HB User
    Am I Having a Normal Wisdom Tooth Experience???

Hi everyone,

I am 18 years old and just had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted last Friday, 12/18. It is now Saturday 12/26 (it's been 8 days) and I'm just wondering if my experience is normal.

I had one tooth that was already through the gum, 2 normal wisdom teeth, and one impacted tooth. The impacted tooth was underneath my molars, so my surgeon said he has to do quite a bit of bone removal. After the surgery I was prescribed Vicodin (hydrocodone?) and an antibiotic, and then also a rinse. The antibiotic made me sick so I was also prescribed an anti nausea. Since then, the surgeon told me I didn't need to continue taking the antibiotic, but I'm still taking one a day to be cautious. The rinse is also a strong antibacterial.

I don't think I'm in enough pain to have a dry socket, I believe I would really know if I was, but that impacted tooth is really causing me pain. In fact, that whole side of my head is in pain. It's strange because I can't even tell anything happened on the other side. I have pain in my jaw, cheekbone, and it feels like it runs up the side of my face into my head. I'm taking ibuprofen every 5-6 hours, I stopped taking the Vicodin because I hated how it made me feel. The Advil does ease the pain, except I notice it in the background every once in a while. It's a very dull pain, and often turns into a headache.

I'm just wondering if this is a normal pain, and how long will it take to go away?
    Also, the extraction sites look like dark holes. Is that normal? And how am I supposed to know if there's food in them?

Infection/nerve damage is my biggest fear. I'm also scared I'll be taking ibuprofen for the rest of my life. (I have anxiety too lol.)

Any input helps, thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread