It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• After getting wisdom tooth extracted, 16 hours of profuse bleeding...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
    Ckerased
    (female)

Ckerased HB User
    After getting wisdom tooth extracted, 16 hours of profuse bleeding...

All because the oral surgeon didn't put in sutures/stitches. Is it possible that I could have the surgeon pay my ER bill, or can I press charges? I really don't want to, but the ER doctors had to spend 5 hours trying to stop the bleeding and had to do blood tests to make sure I didn't need a transfusion from such profuse bleeding. They had to use Surgicel/hemostat (a blood coagulant) which increases the risk of forming a dry socket by 15-25% from the normal 3-5% from normal extractions with a normal amount of bleeding. Had the surgeon used sutures/stitches, there's no way I would have needed to go to the ER. Also, when I called the 24 hour number to contact the surgeon, he didn't answer, and didn't call back even after listening to my voicemail. I left the voicemail at 10:30, the ER called at 1:30 and left a voicemail, and he didn't call back until 8:30 am the next morning, saying he "thought you be asleep so I didn't call back." Well, no I wasn't asleep because I was bleeding so much I was going to drown in my own blood if I laid down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2016, 06:22 AM   #2
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
    Re: After getting wisdom tooth extracted, 16 hours of profuse bleeding...

I would say you have a case at least from not responding to the follow up calls from ER. I'd go ahead and check the ADA info and see if you can file a complaint there to get you documented.

I'd contact good negligence attorney, I think there are some offering free advice initially. Don't wait too long. I'm not sure if I'd go back to that Dr before contacting the attorney I don't know how it works.

Whatever you do don't settle the case you don't know if you'll have problems later.

Cathy

Closed Thread