It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

Front teeth pressure

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #1
PhantomHex
(male)

PhantomHex HB User
Front teeth pressure

Hello to all. A little over three months ago, I noticed what felt like a swollen vein just behind a front tooth .... it felt tender and like there was pressure on my tooth. After trying several methods to fix what was wrong, I gave in and went to the dentist. The dentist told me I needed a good cleaning. A month later, I went to my appointment, was given a panoramic x-ray and a deep cleaning. The dentist told me I needed to have one back tooth extracted, but everything else looked good. I had to see a second dentist to get the tooth pulled and asked him what is wrong with my front teeth/gums. He told me (after looking at my x-rays and examining my gums) my front gums look irritated. Okay .... SO, I go back to the first dentist and ask her what's going on with my teeth and why am I still dealing with discomfort and swollen gums. She did another examination and concluded again that there is nothing wrong. I asked every question I could think of ....... Sinus infection? Gum disease? Grinding my teeth? Cavities? etc. She told me it was nothing and I should be happy. I'm NOT crazy! The front gums are still swollen and I feel pressure on my front teeth. I have noticed the feeling of plugged/pressure in my ears when the teeth feel their most uncomfortable. My nose hasn't been stuffed up though. What could be going on? How can I fix what's wrong? Should I see a regular doctor? Please help. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
ilec
(female)

ilec HB User
Re: Front teeth pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomHex View Post
Hello to all. A little over three months ago, I noticed what felt like a swollen vein just behind a front tooth .... it felt tender and like there was pressure on my tooth. After trying several methods to fix what was wrong, I gave in and went to the dentist. The dentist told me I needed a good cleaning. A month later, I went to my appointment, was given a panoramic x-ray and a deep cleaning. The dentist told me I needed to have one back tooth extracted, but everything else looked good. I had to see a second dentist to get the tooth pulled and asked him what is wrong with my front teeth/gums. He told me (after looking at my x-rays and examining my gums) my front gums look irritated. Okay .... SO, I go back to the first dentist and ask her what's going on with my teeth and why am I still dealing with discomfort and swollen gums. She did another examination and concluded again that there is nothing wrong. I asked every question I could think of ....... Sinus infection? Gum disease? Grinding my teeth? Cavities? etc. She told me it was nothing and I should be happy. I'm NOT crazy! The front gums are still swollen and I feel pressure on my front teeth. I have noticed the feeling of plugged/pressure in my ears when the teeth feel their most uncomfortable. My nose hasn't been stuffed up though. What could be going on? How can I fix what's wrong? Should I see a regular doctor? Please help. Thank you.
Hi, I have the same problem with my front bottom gums and then it radiates to the top too. my gums are swollen and all red and sometimes bleed on its own or when i brush, and i constantly feel pressure on my teeth like someone is pressing against them, how do yours feel? have u solved the problem yet?

Reply Reply

Tags
front tooth, gum swelling, sinus infection