It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• 15 year old with suspicious spot on panorex

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
    Kforall
    (female)

Kforall HB User
    15 year old with suspicious spot on panorex

Hi, I'm a bit of a worry wart. My daughter was evaluated yesterday with a panorex for wisdom teeth removal. there is a suspicious spot showing up on the root area of #20. The dentist didn't see alarmed but said that since I was going to have her evaluated by an oral surgeon for the wisdom teeth removal they could look at that too. It wasn't on the pano before this one. When I called the same office today I spoke with the front office person to get more info. on the suspicious area. She was very blunt and said they couldn't rule out anything. Of course my brain went to cancer. I have many relatives with cancer. I asked to speak to the office manager and she went directly to the doctor. He said he thought is was calcification and that he didn't seem concerned at all. She said that he didn't think it was anything to be worried about. The office manager said they see this a lot and in her 10 years at the pediatric dental office she has seen one case where there was something to worry about. My daughter has zero jaw pain and doesn't even know I am stressing about this. She has an appointment on 10/4. Any positive feed back is welcome.

Last edited by Kforall; 09-20-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #2
    spicer
    (female)

spicer HB User
    Re: 15 year old with suspicious spot on panorex

I assume it's not an abscess, correct? Did anyone mention resorbtion? Those are the only two things I can think of that would affect the roots.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:17 AM   #3
    Kforall
    (female)

Kforall HB User
    Re: 15 year old with suspicious spot on panorex

No just some calcification on the root tip as a possibility. I have to look at it like the dentist wasn't concerned, we left the appointment leaving it up to me and literally said, "since you are going in to have the wisdom teeth consult, might as well have them look at this too". I spoke with the oral surgery office too and they said that if it were a true emergency this appointment wouldn't have been handled this way. We'll see today because her appointment is at 2:30. Thank you!

Reply Reply