It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

Dear Dentists

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
avalon06
(female)

avalon06 HB User
Dear Dentists

To any dentists out there please don't make your clients feel like a freak!!
I'm 70 years old and to give a short history let me say as a child I was not taught dental hygiene! I don't even recall being taught how to brush...we went to a dentist if a tooth needed pulled period! Braces were not even in the picture! Therefore I was left with many missing teeth...forward to adult hood I gradually learned how to care for my, remaining, teeth but because of so many missing teeth braces were not in the picture.....I have a overjet that I have just learned to live with and I have been able to have some implants to replace my missing teeth. I have 6 month checkups religiously my daily dental routine consists of brushing, flossing, water pick. I go thru a terrible depression each time I go to the dentist! I feel like everyone other than myself must have perfect stright beautiful teeth! I always have to listen to words like open bite, flared teeth ( I guess that's a nice way to say overjet) tarter on bottom teeth is moderate, some recession!! Please realize some of us struggle just to hang onto what we have we are not all perfect but we are doing our best and remember what you say may affect someone more that you realize......be kind, compassionate, caring.....always! Thank you

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: avalon06
Robb (08-30-2017),sweetpotato13 (08-30-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply