It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

LANAP or RPE

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
electracat10
(female)

electracat10 HB User
LANAP or RPE

Hi everyone,
I was referred to a periodontist for LANAP, which sounds ok except I'm concerned about losing weight post-op, due to eating restrictions.

Then I read about RPE (regenerative periodontic endoscopy), which is done by a few people in the States, with rave reviews. No recovery time, and seems to do a good job.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
RM8021
(female)

RM8021 HB User
Re: LANAP or RPE

Hi - if you were referred for LANAP, it's important to understand what the treatment is for and why you were referred. I'm assuming that your dentist when through this with you - if not, you should ask for more information from your dentist.

You are usually referred for LANAP treatment if you have gum disease with bone loss around the base of the teeth. Endoscopy has no scientific proof of regeneration, LANAP does. Endoscopy has no FDA clearance for regeneration, LANAP does: See FDA clearance here and click on the summary: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfpmn/pmn.cfm?ID=K151763.

Endoscopy works well for single teeth. It has not been shown to be effective in full mouth cases of periodontal disease. LANAP was specifically designed for full mouth moderate to severe periodontal disease.

If your dentist recommended and referred you for LANAP, the scientific evidence, the legal and various state dental boards’ standards of care support that referral.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-01-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
electracat10
(female)

electracat10 HB User
Re: LANAP or RPE

Hi, thanks. Can you tell me why endoscopy doesn't work for the whole mouth?

Reply Reply