It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

Pain in all teeth and dentist doesn't know what is wrong

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #1
starrider1946
(male)

starrider1946 HB User
Pain in all teeth and dentist doesn't know what is wrong

Seventy year old male. Started having trouble last November after cleaning and fluoride treatment. I was doing good before I went in. Only trouble I was having at all was a little discomfort with #7 tooth but no other trouble.
A couple of weeks after the visit my teeth were still hurting. I went back in and the dentist put me on amoxicillin for 5 days and no help. My old dentist had retired and a lady had taken his place and we didn't hit it off so I had already decided to find a new one.
I made an appointment with a different one. I could't see him until after the first of the year. By that time my bite had gotten off and my teeth still hurting. I was really having trouble with #18 and my four front lower and upper teeth hitting. I had to have some relief so I had him do some grinding to get some relief. I then started having trouble with the other side hurting mainly # 30 which has a crown and root canal. The dentist said he couldn't see anything wrong with my teeth. I ended up going to a orthodontist and he sent me to a endodontist who said I need to redo the root canal on # 30 because it wasn't finished to start with. I asked him if it would help the other teeth which I din't figure it would. I've been to three regular dentist, ent and gp and went to a neurologist . He had me do a mri today.
This is the way I feel today. All teeth (all) are sensitive to the touch. LIke if I tap them with my finger nail. I forgot to say that three of the front four top are crowns and two of them have root canals and they hurt as bad or worse than the teeth that are good. My teeth hurt when I floss them, brush my teeth or eat. They hurt everytime I swallow and they come together. One minute # 30 may feel high and hurt then it might quit and the tooth above it will feel high and hurt when my teeth come together. Different teeth feel like they are high at different times. The one dentist made me a nightguard and my teeth hurt so bad I can't wear it. He said I could be grinding my teeth. Could be clenching. If I am all this started at once. My lunch it is something neurological and dental together. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate some suggestions. It has just about got the best of me to not be able to find out what's wrong. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply