It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

Bubble in Extraction Hole

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
pburgh81
(male)

pburgh81 HB User
Bubble in Extraction Hole

Hello All,

2 weeks ago I had an eye tooth pulled. For the first 3 days it was the normal swelling. I developed a low grade fever. I called the dentist. He put me on Amoxicillin 500mg. After that, everything seemed normal up until a week ago.†

Since then, I have developed what I would call a pink spongy like bubble in the extraction site that seems to be getting larger. It is now even with the gumline and it is closing the extraction hole completely. In addition next to the gum(where there is no tooth) if I rub my tongue over it, I can feel and hear something moving around and there is a general sense of pressure in fullness in that entire gum area.

I visited my dentist yesterday and he took an Xray and said it seemed to be healing fine. The bubble in the extraction site and the feeling of pressure in fullness in that area just doesnt seem to be normal. The bubble could be gum tissue closing the hole? I have had over 11 teeth pulled but I just don't remember this. Any ideas?

Last edited by pburgh81; 09-15-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply