It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• lymph node pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-29-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
    lymph node pain

I had a broken tooth that got infected, it caused severe pain and stabbing in the lymph nodes under my jaw and in my neck. I had the tooth pulled along with the wisdom tooth next to it because it had a bad spot as well. The wisdom tooth came out with no problem, the broken tooth took a lot to get it to come out. I was on antibiotics for 7 days some of that before the removal and then a few days after. I developed a rash from them on the 7th day. My question, is the lymph nodes in my jaw and neck still hurt, they aren't as bad as before, but they still hurt and stab. The dentist said it would take a while for the pain to go away in the nodes. Has anyone else had this and how long did it take for that pain to subside?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: lymph node pain

It does take longer for lymph nodes to normalize after an infection or trauma. I would expect the nodes to take at least as long as it takes the gum to heal completely. Even a couple more weeks after gum heals would not be unusual. You should see gradual lessening of pain and swelling in the nodes. If you do not, another course of antibiotics may be needed.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
    Re: lymph node pain

Thanks for the input. The pain has lessened but there are times it still stabs or just feels tender, it is much better than before the antibiotics and before the teeth were extracted. It has only been about 10 days, so I guess I have some time before this will be gone.

Reply Reply