It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

Ongoing sore tongue, white body with sore red tip?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
Startclean
(male)

Startclean HB User
Ongoing sore tongue, white body with sore red tip?

Hey all,

I have had an ongoing tongue problem for the last 3-4ish months.

The front edge of my tongue is red sore, and feels generally irritated. Couple this with a white tongue and you have one strange looking tongue right now.

As I said, this has been happening for several months and I have visited multiple GP's, one thought it was Thrush, another and infection of which he gave me antibiotics. None have worked.
If you want a mental image, picture a spade, now imagine the tip and front edges of the space are painted red, while the rest of the tongue is covered in white substance that I can scrape off.... mostly, it still looks whiteish.

Sometimes the white layer can build up at the back of my throat and cause a sore throat. My main concern is the red part though, as it keeps getting irritated then it calms.... only to get irritated again in a week.
I was wondering if it was some sort of herpes thing with the red sore thing? Or could that be the result of an infection in my mouth?

I really have no idea. Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
skyrez
(female)

skyrez HB User
Re: Ongoing sore tongue, white body with sore red tip?

I had a white tongue before. It was alot like what you describe red down the middle and white on the edges and toward the back. It went away on its on after a few months. I had recent dental work done that did not work out too well, was on a limited diet drinking alot of smoothies and eating yogurt. I never did find out what caused it but I think it was due the antibotics like a yeast infection. At first I was scrubbing it with my tooth brush that seemed to make it more irritated, when i left it alone it got better. I rinsed my mouth alot with warm salt water. At that time I did not go to the doctor for it. Later when I mentioned it to him. He also pointed out that my blood work showed low b12 and potassium, he told me maybe a combo of the antibotics, stress and vitamins.

Reply Reply