It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

Deep overbite caused by upper wisdom teeth

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #1
Karem
(male)

Karem HB User
Deep overbite caused by upper wisdom teeth

Hi, i'm a 33 yo female who at the age 21 started to experience a small changes at the upper jaw which continuing over time until now, at the beginning i felt like the right upper and lower teeth started to knock each other when talking and eating causing uncomfortable feeling, after time the upper front teeth seemed like it became more forward than it used to be and the uncomfortable feeling when eating and talking extremely increased and difficulty in spelling some alphabet occurred. During all these years i visited some general dentists who said that such changing in the jaw can only start to occur in childhood and not in my age which made me stop visiting detests for a while. Now in addition to all these symptoms i started to experience excessive pressure caused by the upper jaw on the lower jaw specially when sleeping causing difficulty in sleeping, so i currently visited two other dentists who both said that such a badbite can be occur because of a certain pressure caused by the upper wisdom teeth on the other upper teeth which caused them slowly to move forward over time so i should remove the upper wisdom teeth. Which confusing me is that the opinion of one of them is that braces can get its benefit with me, while the other's opinion is that braces can't get my teeth to the normal shape because of my age.
I will remove my upper wisdom teeth, but regarding the braces which one of the dentists is right

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Deep overbite caused by upper wisdom teeth

Hi there. I had braces at age 45....it straightened out the overcrowding that was happening and my teeth were overlapping. After 18 months, my teeth became perfect; now i sleep in a retainer every night.

I would suggest that you see an Oral Surgeon, not dentists- for opinions on getting your wisdom teeth out. They can also talk to you about your jaw and whether or not they think braces will help.

General dentists are not qualified at this point to give you answers. Find an Oral Surgeon who might work with an orthodontist. You'll get your answers..

Good luck!

Old 05-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #3
Karem
(male)

Karem HB User

Thank you MSNik that reply helps me so much, i really needed someone had the same issue.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
MariaP85
(female)

MariaP85 HB User

I'm 32 and will be getting braces. I think getting an oral surgeon opinion is best. I had three wisdoms pulled and one abcess tooth. Imagine that recovery yikes! But glad I did. Now I can move forward with braces. Invisilign is more pricey but you wear them less longer than metal.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-13-2018 at 10:27 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to MariaP85:
Karem (08-08-2018)
Reply Reply