It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• hopeless dental health?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-07-2018, 01:55 AM   #1
    hexapin

hexapin HB User
    hopeless dental health?

so posting here to see if i'm the only one who feels this way, and for advice.
    when i was younger, after my dad died when i was 13, I didn't take care of my oral health at all. I didn't brush my teeth for over 2 years. i didn't feel any pain though, and besides cavities the only health issue i had was when someone punched my face and cracked a tooth.

Now that im in college I've been going to dentist to fix all the problems, and i'm starting to regret ever going to the dentist. first one I went to actually screwed up the issues, he drilled holes in random teeth, he shattered my root canal molar to the point over half of it's gone, and so much more.
    my new dentist thankfully understands, and my top entire jaw is semi fixed (i'll explain why semi in the moment)
    my bottom jaw, were the molar is and such still needs work. and wish all 3 of my wisdom teeth coming in, and all 3 being impacted, my teeth are being smooshed together and many may need work again.

but ever since getting my teeth fixed, I've been in more oral pain then ever before. at least a couple teeth, my jaw, what ever are constantly hurting. and im constantly being berated by dentist assistants for my oral health when i go in, even though I brush and floss 3 times a day and drink/eat the lowest amount of sugary starchy foods ever!
    no toothpaste seems to actually improve my oral health, it's just getting worse and worse no matter what I do, and it feels so hopeless, and now a molar the bad dentist drilled a hole into that hasn't been repaired chipped. idk I just needed to get this off my chest, i guess. sorry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: hopeless dental health?

Gee, hexapin, what a horrible experience! That is what keeps me away from dentists. You are certainly not close to the only one.

What I do before I try a business is check Yelp to see what others are saying about specific professionals and their businesses. I have an appt next week to get my teeth cleaned, and it is long overdue because of the horrible experiences I have had and about which I have read.

I brush my teeth once a week or more with a medium toothbrush and straight peroxide which kills bacteria. Rinse your mouth well afterward. Really check reputations of dentists by looking up their names on Yelp.

Reply Reply

Tags
    oral health, tooth pain, toothpaste, wisdom teeth