It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Was my deep cleaning a bad mistake?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-01-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
    smokeymtnrain
    Veteran
    (female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
    Was my deep cleaning a bad mistake?

Back in August, I had one side of my mouth deep cleaned. The next day, I wrote down that I had a meatallic taste that started on that side. In Oct. I had the other side done and I still have the metallic taste in my mouth but more on the side I just had done. The thing is, when I had the other side done just a week ago, I went in still having the aweful taste and thought after the cleaning, it would go away and it hasn't. Should I have not gotten that done? What did they do to cause this taste that I can't get rid of? It seems to be stronger when eating food and its just driving me nuts and of course, the dental probably wouldn't admit to anything happening. Any suggestions? Has anyone else experienced a terrible taste in the mouth after a root planing and scaling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Was my deep cleaning a bad mistake?

Did you use the mouthwash they give you? Everyone I know here gives this nasty tasting stuff that you have to use 2 x a day for 2 weeks. And are you flossing below the gum line? Either one can cause that,

Old 11-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
    riptoff
    Veteran
    (male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

Using interdental brushes dipped in chlorhexidene mouthwash clean between the teeth. The bad taste is probably caused by deposits on the teeth.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
    smokeymtnrain
    Veteran
    (female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User

I use some natural rinse that another dentist had given me (well, I purchased it). The problem is, this taste on my tongue ruins eating for me. One, I don't want to eat and the other thing is, I'm wondering if either cavities can cause it or I have two loose teeth on the bottom that have rotted basically. You can't see it by looking but they are going to get pulled a replaced but can cavities, rotted teeth be the culprit? My gosh, will I ever get my taste back to normal??? The thing is, none of this started until I had my teeth deep cleaned. Anyone else ever get a bad taste after a deep clean?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
    Voxx976
    Veteran
    (male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User

I had one quadrant done because my dentist was a fool. It cost me the loss of a filling, which eventually cost me a root canal post and crown,

Deep scaling is a BIG mistake for most people and only a moneymaking scheme for dentists.

But I had no bad taste from it other than feeling abused by a jackass.
    Quote:
    I use some natural rinse
    There is nothing "natural" about chlorhexidine.

Last edited by Voxx976; 11-18-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Reply Reply