It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

  • Rotacismo

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 06-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #1
    Not tur no
    Not tur no's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2020
    Posts: 2
    Not tur no HB User

    Vorrei il parere di un esperto.
    Ho 43 anni. Ho sempre avuto il rotacismo. In tempo di covid, avendo molto tempo libero, ho guardato diversi video che spiegacano come far vibrare la lingua.
    Cosa mai successa prima, la lingua ha vibrato, oramai dopo giorni di prove la faccio vibrare abbastanza, però mi risulta alquanto difficile, non è proprio una erre però vibra e pure molto
    Parlare con la erre sembra impossibile.
    Ho notato che il palato mi fa male dove la lingua tocca vibrando e credo che i due molari superiori ostacolino la lingua, in quanto essa è sempre appoggiata a loro ed anche lì fa male.
    Cercando informazioni su internet ho scoperto cos'è un palato ogivale, penso che potrebbe essere il mio caso.
    Vorrei sapere, se questo fosse il problema, alla mia età si potrebbe fare qualcosa, tipo ricorrere ad un espansore palatale?
    Un odontotecnico sarebbe la persona giusta da contattare?
    Not tur no

    Good morning
    I'd like expert advice.
    I'm 43 years old. I've always had rotacism. In covid time, having a lot of free time, I watched several videos that explain how to make your tongue vibrate.
    What has never happened before, the tongue has vibrated, now after days of tests I make it vibrate enough, but it is somewhat difficult, it is not really an erre but it vibrates and also very
    Talking to Erre seems impossible.
    I noticed that the palate hurts me where the tongue touches vibrating and I believe that the two upper molars hinder the tongue, as it is always leaning on them and it hurts there too.
    Looking for information on the internet I discovered what an ogival palate is, I think it could be my case.
    I would like to know, if this were the problem, could something be done at my age, such as resorting to a palatal expander?
    Would a dental technician be the right person to contact?
    Not tur no

    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 06-12-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Posts: 421
    riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User
    Re: Rotacismo

    Rhotacism is the inability to pronounce the 'r' sound.
    I doubt whether a dentist could help so I suggest you see a speech therapist.

    Reply With Quote
    Old 06-13-2020, 10:24 PM   #3
    Not tur no
    Not tur no's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2020
    Posts: 2
    Not tur no HB User
    Re: Rotacismo

    Unluckily "2" speech therapists couldn't help.

    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.

    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!