It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Parotid Gland Swelling After Eating

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-07-2020, 05:53 AM   #1
    DennieW
    (female)

DennieW HB User
    Parotid Gland Swelling After Eating

Hello and thanks for any answers! About 2-3 weeks ago I experienced a sharp pain in the side of my cheek while eating a strawberry. Ever since I've had mild pain like I've eaten something sour every time I eat something. 4 days ago I went to the doctor because the side of my cheek by my ear and under my ear swelled significantly. I have no fever and can move my jaw and neck just fine. I just feel mild pressure at my jaw. I was told that I have an infected Parotid gland and she prescribed an antibiotic to take for 10 days. It's gotten much better but still every time I eat it swells and hurts somewhat but eventually goes down to near normal. I've asked most of my friends and they've never heard of such a thing. I was also told to drink lots of water and to suck on hard lemon candies. This is taking a toll on the roof of my mouth! Has anyone ever experienced this before? If so, how long did it take to clear up? Thanks for any help! I appreciate it. It's starting to wear on me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply