It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• I made my own flexible bottom plate using non-toxic moldable plastic pellets

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-02-2021, 07:53 AM   #1
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    I made my own flexible bottom plate using non-toxic moldable plastic pellets

I am 76. I've lost a lot of teeth. I have very few teeth that face each other. Most of the teeth on my upper jaw do not face teeth on my lower jaw. Needless to say, it takes me forever to eat and I have to limit hard or chewy foods. Not any more!

I don't want to spend $1200-$1500 buying a flexible denture.

So... I decided to purchase non-toxic moldable plastic pellets and try to fashion my own bottom plate. It's labeled as non-toxic but not for internal use. I don't intend to eat the plastic, just to use it to form a bottom plate which would face opposite a few upper teeth and give me a very good eating surface.

Through trial and error, I've made quite a few plates, most of which did not work too well. I finally was able to make really good bottom plates, which are easy to put in, and easy to take out; and which allow me to eat very well and pain free!

To lower the risk of any reaction to the plastic, I do not keep them in my mouth. I only put them in my mouth to eat. After eating, I take them out, rinse them off, dry them and put them in my pocket. So far, absolutely no negative or uncomfortable reaction to the plastic, but someone else could react badly to the plastic, so I do not suggest that any one else try this!

I LOVE being able to make my own "dentures", in about 6 minutes, for about $1!

⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2021, 09:27 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: I made my own flexible bottom plate using non-toxic moldable plastic pellets

Shocking...
    q

Old 05-02-2021, 10:38 AM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: I made my own flexible bottom plate using non-toxic moldable plastic pellets

Hi quincy!

Yes, shocking! But I am really excited and happy. The empty lower-jaw sockets, where I had teeth pulled, has not flattened out yet. I would have to wait months for the gum to settle before I could go to the dentist to purchase a partial denture.

I don't have to wait. Over time, as the gum settles, I can continue to make bottom plates that fit perfectly with my lower gum line. All this in the privacy of my own home, in about 6 minutes, for less than $1.

⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily

Reply Reply