HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Dental Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/)
-   -   My tooth is loose (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/dental-health/141926-my-tooth-loose.html)

qteepie2005 01-13-2004 04:36 PM

My tooth is loose

i'm 17 years old and i have a loose tooth!!!!!! why is this happening i have a dentist apointment sometime in february but i'm still concern about what he is going to do.Is he going to pull it ,i hope not because its in the front and that would look horrible.i'm a senior next year and i'm going to prom this year. i'm always laughing and smiling so this is a major concern to me.i don't know why it is loose.i haven't fallen or got hit in the mouth.i am in band ,i play the clarinet ,but i've been playing for years so why is it coming loose now.When i play i can feel it wanting to move and it is bothering me .i have a good smile and all my teeth are straight EXCEPT that one tooth.if anyone came help me please do so
THANKZ

db2kp 01-13-2004 08:09 PM

Re: My tooth is loose

Schedule an sooner appointment to get the loose tooth checked.
I don't know why it would be loose...is it on the top?
The dentist may want to put a splint on the back of your two front teeth to stabilize the loose tooth until it anchors to the bone again.
Is the tooth sensitive to hot or cold?
Don't panic...just schedule an appointment to be seen in the next few days. The sooner you act the better the outcome.
You'll be perfect in time for senior pics and for the prom, don't worry.

Let us know how it goes, okay?

db

[QUOTE=qteepie2005]i'm 17 years old and i have a loose tooth!!!!!! why is this happening i have a dentist apointment sometime in february but i'm still concern about what he is going to do.Is he going to pull it ,i hope not because its in the front and that would look horrible.i'm a senior next year and i'm going to prom this year. i'm always laughing and smiling so this is a major concern to me.i don't know why it is loose.i haven't fallen or got hit in the mouth.i am in band ,i play the clarinet ,but i've been playing for years so why is it coming loose now.When i play i can feel it wanting to move and it is bothering me .i have a good smile and all my teeth are straight EXCEPT that one tooth.if anyone came help me please do so
THANKZ[/QUOTE]

soliloquy 01-14-2004 09:32 PM

Did you have braces at some point? Sometimes, the roots of teeth that have been "moved" by braces can resorb resulting in a tooth that doesn't have much anchor in the bone. I agree that you should try to get in to see your dentist as soon as possible. They should take an x-ray to see what is going on. Good luck.

junglemonkey 01-18-2004 07:31 AM

Is the tooth very loose? or are you testing to see if it is loose with your fingers? It may be that since you are moving it with your fingertips it feels loose (the fingertips are spongy) but actually isn't. Dentists measure the mobility of teeth with two of their instruments for this reason. Like you said, you have no reason for your teeth to be loose.

However, the sooner you check this out, the better. Let us know how the appt goes.