It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• acrylic partial dentures need info please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2004, 07:55 AM   #1
    caitlyn's mom

caitlyn's mom HB User
    acrylic partial dentures need info please

Hi I am going monday to see a denturest and i would appreciate any info on acrylic partial dentures . i would love to hear your experience with them as opposed to metal cast partials. please respond as my appointment is monday.

Thanks caitlyn's mom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2004, 08:00 AM   #2
    Sandybeech
    Veteran
    (female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
    Re: acrylic partial dentures need info please

Hi, I do not have personal experience with partial dentures but a woman I chat with on another board had a metal based upper partial and a plastic lower partial with clasps. She wore them for about 15 years before upgrading to full dentures. She said they were both comfortable for her. She liked her metal upper better than the plastic one she had originally. She said it was thinner, more rigid and therefore did not have to cover as much of her palate as the plastic one did. She was curious about what teeth you needed to replace with the partial.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:30 AM   #3
    caitlyn's mom

caitlyn's mom HB User
    Re: acrylic partial dentures need info please

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sandybeech
    Hi, I do not have personal experience with partial dentures but a woman I chat with on another board had a metal based upper partial and a plastic lower partial with clasps. She wore them for about 15 years before upgrading to full dentures. She said they were both comfortable for her. She liked her metal upper better than the plastic one she had originally. She said it was thinner, more rigid and therefore did not have to cover as much of her palate as the plastic one did. She was curious about what teeth you needed to replace with the partial.
    Hi sandybeech.I am going for a upper partial . The teeth i need are 2 upper back on each side and a front tooth ( the tooth beside the front tooth)

Thanks caitlyn's mom

Closed Thread