It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• 9 wks immediate denture, Eating STEAK!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2004, 06:32 AM   #1
    sim884

sim884 HB User
    Thumbs up 9 wks immediate denture, Eating STEAK!

I haven't posted in a while on my progress. I went to a family cookout yesterday. My sis in law made steaks, hot dogs, and hamburgers. I told her I would try the steak but if I couldnt do it I would stick with the burgers and dogs lol. She told me that she marianted them overnight and pounded the heck out of them they should be tender enough. Well I got a real little piece didnt want to be too disappointed. I sat in a corner me and my steak lol. I proceeded to take a bite. Started to chew, To my amazement, I could eat it. WOW finally I can have that nice juicy steak again!!!!!!! SO to those newbies out there see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just hang in there and before long you will be eating all of your favorites again and maybe some that you wouldnt have dreamed of before dentures. Good Luck to ALL!!! Sincerely Dena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
    knorr
    (female)

knorr HB User
    Re: 9 wks immediate denture, Eating STEAK!

Dena,

WOO-HOO!!!!!

I'm truly happy for you!!!
    I think that you and I got our dentures about the same time (3/23 for me) and I'm gradually getting back to eating most things too. Still a bit leary about biting into a sub sandwich, but if that's the worst of my problems, I can live with that.

Your story proves to the 'newbies' that there is life after dentures

Old 05-25-2004, 05:44 AM   #3
    sim884

sim884 HB User
    Re: 9 wks immediate denture, Eating STEAK!

Hey Val, Yes we are right on track together. I got my dentures on 3-22. I agree on the subs. Just because of the thickness and texture of the bread but who knows maybe one day lol. I never thought I would be able to eat steak!! I can live without the subs long as I can have my BEEF lol. Oh and life is GREAT with my dentures. I have no shame anymore. I can show my true happiness with life to the world with a great big SMILE!!

Closed Thread