It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board

• Abcessed Tooth and swollen glands

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2004, 08:15 PM   #1
    crabbyroad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crabbyroad HB User
    Abcessed Tooth and swollen glands

I had an abcessed tooth extracted today, as they sent me straight away since I woke up with swollen gland on the same side. But the oral surgeon said he didnt think the swollen gland had anything to do with the tooth and swollen gums. Has anybody experience this? I had no fever, no sore throat, no spots, so strep is ruled out, if its not connected to the tooth what could it possibly be? But Im hoping more that this is common side effect of infected teeth. It has me worried. They do have me on pencillin for the infection ( of the teeth in general)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #2
    Nance77
    (female)

Nance77 HB User
    Cool Re: Abcessed Tooth and swollen glands

I had an abcessed tooth extracted and my face was swollen on that side, as was my gland, and my neck...I'm sure it was from the tooth, cos it went down after the tooth was removed...Hope you are feeling better!

Old 08-06-2004, 08:38 AM   #3
    ggharger

ggharger HB User
    Wink Re: Abcessed Tooth and swollen glands

Quote:
    Originally Posted by crabbyroad
    I had an abcessed tooth extracted today, as they sent me straight away since I woke up with swollen gland on the same side. But the oral surgeon said he didnt think the swollen gland had anything to do with the tooth and swollen gums. Has anybody experience this? I had no fever, no sore throat, no spots, so strep is ruled out, if its not connected to the tooth what could it possibly be? But Im hoping more that this is common side effect of infected teeth. It has me worried. They do have me on pencillin for the infection ( of the teeth in general)
    Hey,
    I am here to tell you that I think your right! I have the same problem and it can most certainly cause your glands to swell. I can't get any one in this town to pull mine so I just suffer. Let me know how you do.

Old 08-06-2004, 10:10 AM   #4
    crabbyroad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crabbyroad HB User
    Re: Abcessed Tooth and swollen glands

Thanks Nance and GG,

The swelling in my neck has gone done since the extraction. I end my weeks worth of penicillin today. I went in today to have a cleaning done, and they postponed it, said I have peridontal disease of the gums, and need a "deep cleaning" that is like surgery, they have to flap back the gums to get all the tartar off my teeth. Ugh!! Now I have to contact a peri doc for that. Not looking forward to it.

GG, Curious, why wont they attempt to pull the infected tooth/teeth? Any particular reason? Mine was serious enough when the swelling went to my neck that it was an emergency to be it extracted, I needed to take mega penicillin one hour before the extraction, and have been taking penicillin 3 x a days since.

Closed Thread